"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Day 2


I knew I'd have to give up on the unicycle theory pretty quickly. What we are tatting is clearly a bat. The button is the body, and this is a wing we're working on now. And a colorful flock of bats they will be, too!

And here's the doily with the round I showed yesterday all finished.


I'll give it a good going over with the iron before I start the final round. This will happen sometime soon, but there's just one other little thing I want to tat first.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Yea Weee! I don't know how I miss this post and so glad to see this done it is beautiful and I love black and would work with it more but find it is ruff to see, So proud of you making the whole thing in black and great way to start the New Year!

    ReplyDelete