"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Yes, I Still Remember How to Tat!

OK, I've finished tatting the first Emily doily, and it's on the blocking board now.


Once again, I have to thank LadyShuttleMaker for her blocking templates. The doily definitely would not have come out as well without this. Some of you are having heart palpitations at the thought of sticking in all these pins, but I say if I've spent this much time tatting it, why would I not take the time to make sure everything is properly aligned? (Hint: Since this round template is divided into 6ths, it also works for snowflakes. Use the square template to block anything with four or eight repeats.)

I should be able to show this all nice and pretty tomorrow. I've also made a good start on tatting the last round of the other doily, so soon I'll be able to show the pair.

Since I got back from San Francisco, Squijum has taken to lying on my feet. It may simply be that he likes the fleece lap blanket I'm using, but I suspect he's also trying to prevent me from leaving again.

5 comments:

  1. Squijum most definitely does not want you to leave again! No question about it!

    I'm looking forward to seeing your doilies, but I admit the pins are a little intimidating! Indeed it was so nice of Sherry to provide the blocking templates for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    Okay - I am going to Sherry's site to see the templates. okay, okay.....
    Fox : i

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squijum,

    ALPHA ALERT

    Vader has some great advice. To punish your pet you should drag her best thread through your litter.

    Also, you could throw a hairball or two, or cough into her food. Then she might catch something from you and stay home with you where she belongs.I have not tried this, so I do not know if THEY can catch anything from us. Maybe... mine has some flu bug and is staying home with me. : ))

    Don't let her see your need. You are the boss. Remember that.
    Your pal, Gian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fox, you must still be feeling under the weather. Er, I mean, that's great! I know you'll like the effect of blocking once you try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gian, I am well aware that this looks weak. However, I have found that the quickest way to break her resistance is to be cute. I try to remember that we should use all the weapons in our arsenal, even this one.

    Squijum

    ReplyDelete