"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Saturday, November 19, 2011

There Will Be Tatting Soon...

I promise! I have finished the book and am once again working on the "Emily" doilies. I'm not that much farther on than I was the last time, though, so no new pictures. I know you need eye candy, so here's Squijum helping me sort socks.



Amazingly, the sock is still intact.

3 comments:

  1. Nice job, Squijum!

    Why don't you rip out and hide the last few pages of that blasted book she has been reading f-o-r-e-v-e-r! It's about time she played with her owner.
    Many mice,
    Gian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet photos!!! I always laugh at Fox's (oops - I mean Gian's) clever (and subversive) advice to the other kittycats in Tatland! I don't own a cat, but have a fondness for them and get to 'babysit' my neighbor's cat when she goes on vacation. Several relatives also own cats, and I enjoy playing with them.

    I just read your comment re Jane's newest necklace, and also am frustrated with the new photo system. (For awhile they combined the new system with the old.) I now take the extra time to copy a photo I'm interested in from the 'black' screen, then paste it into Word or Wordpad and enlarge it from there. Fortunately, that works very well! Jane's necklace is really spectacular and should be seen in a larger format to be fully appreciated! The lockchains are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, thanks for that tip, Kathy! I don't know why I didn't think of that, but I will definitely use it now!

    ReplyDelete