"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Emily and Josephine

Here's the progress on the "Emily" doilies. I've completed round 4, and started round 5 on the bottom one. After I finish round 5 on both, I won't be able to fit them both on the scanner anymore.


A bit of blocking after round 4 might have been in order, but it's not too bad. It will be easy to straighten out, anyway.

I like all the little Josephine knots on these two rounds. They have much more character than picots would.

7 comments:

  1. Looking good. I may have to look into that book; I don't think I have it. Can't wait to see the finished doilys. Love your mobile too. I really want a few of Ineke's books too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. Love the JK's
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Josephines really do pack more punch than picots. Your Emily doilies are progressing beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doilys are looking good, I love the josephine knots they do give more to the design which is lovely.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the look of the JK's on the doilies. Very nice.
    Elizabeth
    Mobile, Al.

    ReplyDelete