"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Window Dressing

More from Marilee Rockley's wonderful book Up and Tat 'Em, the "Wondrous Window" pendant and earrings. You may remember I made this set for myself a few months back; now I've made it again for the sale, this time using some of Tatskool's HDT's. Tatskool's clear, bright colors are perfect for the stained glass look. I used "Flame Lantana" and "Coral Reef".



Hmm, looking at the picture, I may need to block the "Flame Lantana" pendant a bit more.

This is yet another motif that shows an equal-armed cross in the middle, even more noticeable in the beaded version. It's not that I'm obsessed with this symbol, it's just that it seems to show up everywhere.

I am planning to make one more set using the variation with lots of picots.

3 comments:

  1. That pattern really does give the impression of stained glass. Lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is REALLY pretty!
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors!!! I love those sets! :)

    ReplyDelete