"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Well Great, Now What?

It has happened.


Mr. Don't-Mind-Me-I'm-Just-Sleeping here has finally found his way to the top of the one tall bookshelf that he heretofore could not get to. This means that I no longer have a safe place to leave my tatting while it blocks. It's not the tatting I'm worried about, it's the fact that Squijum likes to pick up the pins in his mouth, and one day one of them is going to go down his gullet. He is a fairly intelligent cat. One would think that he could figure out the difference between Food and Not Food, but no, anything that fits in his mouth goes in his mouth. This means that from now on, I can't leave any tatting to dry while I sleep or run errands; if pins are out, I must be home and awake.

Despite the fact that half the pins got pulled out of it overnight, this blocked up very nicely.


This is Marilee's "Wondrous Window" set again, from Up and Tat 'Em, this time in Krystle's "Of Berries and Fairies" thread. Since I did the pendant with all the decorative picots, I added picots to match on the earrings. All the picots do make it look less like stained glass, but that's OK, it's still pretty.

4 comments:

  1. I actually had a cat try to eat a needle of mine..scariest moment of my life (so far...i have 2 boys, what can i say...)

    lucky that my mom and me retrieved it without hurting the poor little kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is scary! No pins allowed!

    Your tatted jewellery is wonderful! I must take a look at that book - such pretty patterns.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is it that cats always seem to have pica?? Our cat used to eat plastic -- plastic wrap, plastic bags. I swear he could sniff it out! Of course it made a horrible racket while he was crackling away on it, and then he'd vomit everything up. No accounting for taste I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought some Best Press at a quilt shop. I saw someone (GinaB?) demonstrate blocking her tatting using Best Press on InTatters. If it works, no more pins for me!

    Your jewelry looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete