"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Test Tat

Wanda recently asked for test tatters for her new bookmark pattern "Heart's Honor". I was looking for a new bookmark, so I volunteered. Wanda has given me permission to share, and I am eager to do so even though I haven't blocked it yet.

This was a very interesting piece to tat. I particularly like the design of the long part, the way the chains outline the rings. Wanda has done a terrific job of writing the instructions and making clear diagrams, and I know that this must have been a complex design to diagram. I highly recommend this pattern when she makes the final version available.

For the heart, I used Lizbeth colors 192 Western Sunset and 670 Victorian Red. For the body I used Victorian Red and color 642 Lilac Medium. The matching colors are my favorite thing about Lizbeth. And yes, we actually do get sunsets in these colors, which is one of my favorite things about living out here.

3 comments:

  1. Love those colours - in your thread and in the original!

    This is a very complicated looking pattern and I admire Wanda in her commitment to creating and completing this unusual pattern, as I now know how much work goes into writing and executing a tatting pattern! It is not easy! Kudos to Wanda.

    You have done a wonderful job tatting this - looks fabulous. Your tatting shine, as always!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bookmark looks great! Thanks again for test tatting it, and all the great suggestions. I was on vacation when you sent the pictures and this is the first time I've had a chance to check it out in 'full size' instead of just on my phone. You've done a better job on it than I did:)

    ReplyDelete