"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Friday, July 1, 2011

The Same but Different


This time the thread is "Weeping Cherry" by LadyShuttleMaker. I wish the blue hadn't ended up all concentrated to one side, but it's still pretty. I like the sudden bursts of more intense color in this thread.

The more I work Marilee's patterns, the more I realize that her designs really need to be done in hand-dyed threads. Commercially dyed threads will never have the subtlety or the personality that these pieces require.

I did a couple more pendants from Jane's "Small Motif" as well.



The threads are "Fairy Faint" by Krystledawne and "Twilight Zone" by Yarnplayer. I find the "Fairy Faint" to be a very difficult thread to photograph. It is so light that it looks washed out on almost any background other than purple, and on purple it looks blue. It's actually a very pale lavender.

I sure hope these flower pendants will sell well, because I do seem to be making a lot of them!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty! Yes, HDT's do make a big difference, and they feel so good to work with.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what you were going to do with all these lovely pendants! I'm guessing they will sell very quickly!

    ReplyDelete