"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Friday, November 14, 2014

Quick Update

Here are the earrings from Marilee's "Nouveau" set, which I finished tatting last night; I blocked the earrings and necklace overnight. I'll add the findings tonight, but it will probably be a couple of days till I can post the finished set. For one thing, I apparently have about a 15-minute window of decent light per day when I can accurately photograph this shade of purple, which I once again missed when I took this one.


4 comments:

  1. I have been having trouble with light too and have to run outside to get a picture!. I have her book and need to get back to making things from it. This is beautiful they look great.

    ReplyDelete