"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Last Motif Done!


It's lying a little more nicely now too, because I dampened it and ironed it dry. Still not perfect; after I add the two rounds of edging, I will still need to pin it out properly. This was good enough for now, though.

After I finish it, I also plan to wash and dry both the doily and the pillow cover before I sew it down. I want to be sure that both are fully shrunk before I sew them together, so that if I wash them later there won't be any puckering.

And I have a sneaking suspicion I might sew the doily down this way:


I haven't decided for sure yet.

Squijum has no preference.


If you look at his arm, you can see he's still licking himself a lot. At this point, though, I think it's just habit rather than actual itching, like a person biting their nails. Anyway, he's only licking now, not biting himself like he was before, so that's an improvement even though he's still pretty bald on his back half. And bald or not, I think this is a really cute picture.

6 comments:

  1. That looks so awesome!!! :) Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece of tatting. Not knowing the size of the pillow cover, I can't really say which orientation I prefer it to be sewn but I know the result will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, it looks wonderful, any way it's oriented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, love it and the diamond shape seems fun to me, but the work is so nice it wont matter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful but with the diamond orientation- wow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! I love the diamond orientation!

    ReplyDelete