I'm still working on Jan Stawasz's flower pots, but I got momentarily distracted by a knitting project. I had actually promised a friend of mine a hat late last winter, but I didn't have time to make it before the cold weather was over. I figured now would be a good time to get it done, so she can actually wear it this year!
This is a slouchy style hat; I've got it displayed on a larger sized kitchen canister so it doesn't flop over itself in the photo, but it actually will be... not floppy, but just looser... on the head.
The pattern is the Barrymore Slouch Hat by Lisa Shroyer. It was quite fun to make, although it took a little longer than I was expecting. Every time you change from the light color to the dark color, you do one row of sl 1 kn 1, followed by a row of purl. This creates those neat little color blips and makes those rows stick out just a little bit from the surface of the hat. At the bottom of the ribbing, you add a row of single crochet. I've never crocheted anything in my life, so this was a new technique for me. Now that I know how, I'll probably use it to attach tatted edgings to things-- much faster than sewing!
In fact, I like this hat so much, I think I might make another one for myself. I'd probably put a 3D tatted flower on it instead of the buttons.
I finished Sherry's TIAS, too. It just needs a little blocking.
And please keep those suggestions coming for what to name the pendant. I've got some great ones so far!