The annual sale held by my parents' church was this weekend. I didn't tat as much for it this year as I normally do, but that's probably a good thing as there were several items leftover from previous years. Several of those items sold this time around.
I find it's best for me to start making things for the next year's sale around now, when I'm thinking about it. I wanted to try something from Jan Stawasz's book that I just got, too. It occurred to me that I could make a few small pictures, stitch them onto fabric, and put them on those self-adhesive cardboard backings like I did with the two items for Klara. The buyers will of course have to frame them themselves, but I will make sure they are all standard sizes so they can use ordinary inexpensive frames you can buy anywhere.
So the first thing I've made from the Stawasz book is the Flower Pot I.
Here I've just scanned it with a piece of construction paper behind it. I'm planning to sew it onto a piece of royal blue fabric I happen to have. It's tatted in white size 20 Lizbeth, and will fit in a 6x8 inch frame.
I'll probably do another one (or maybe the other flower pot in the book) in colored threads, but I kind of like the way it looks in simple white. I've also got ideas about using some designs from Lindsay Rogers' book Tatting Collage, and probably some freestyle tatting of my own as well. We'll see what really ends up happening, but this is a nice start.