"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Friday, September 27, 2013

Finished Flower Pot


Flower Pot II from Tatted Treasures by Jan Stawasz. When I sew it down, I will of course make sure the flowers are properly spread out and aligned; that one second from the left just wouldn't go where I wanted it on the scanner bed.

The stems are tatted in Lizbeth color 167 Jungle Greens. For the other color numbers, see this post and this one.

The first flower pot fit nicely on a 5x7 inch card. This one is a little bigger. A 6x8 inch card would be perfect, but the manufacturer doesn't seem to make one. I could cut the 8x10 inch card down, or I could use it whole and add a small butterfly or two to prevent there being a ridiculous amount of white space. I think I'll go with the latter option.

Just as I was getting ready to post this, I noticed that day 3 of the TIAS is up.


It looks like I still made my picots a little too long, even after I changed the orientation of the gauge. Unless it's supposed to be cupped, of course.


 At this point, it still looks like a flower, but it won't for long. The next section will not be symmetrical, since there are joining picots on only the last three chains of this round. As to what it is, I still have no idea.

8 comments:

  1. Very, very beautiful flower pot!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colours are amazing. The tatting is just SOOOOO neat and tidy too. I'm in love with what you've done with the flowers.
    My TIAS has cupped too. Wonder what it'll be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, fantastic fantasy of a flower pot! You tatted a treasure here, Miranda. The colours are beautifully chosen and of course your tatting is superb.
    Fox : )http://hiskid66.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice vase and flowers. I can see it in so many of my projects. Will have to look into this book!! Love the threads for the mystery project!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your vase of flowers, and I like the later idea of using a couple of butterflies, should look brilliant.
    I thought my picots were too large even though I measured them but now I see yours is the same, I was going to start again but I don't think I will I will leave it for now.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flowerpot with all the different flowers. Nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your flower pot! The colors really make the design interesting. I haven't started the TIAS yet... hopefully today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect colour choice for the pot.

    ReplyDelete