"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Postman Cometh

Or possibly the postwoman. They use my route to train new mail carriers, so I never know who's going to deliver the mail, or when. But it doesn't really matter, as long as they keep bringing me goodies. Today I received two tatting-related packages.

The first is my latest order from Yarnplayer:

Her latest colorway, "Purple Glory", in sizes 30, 50, and 80. Purple is my favorite color, and morning glories are one of my favorite flowers, so you know I had to have this one.

Squijum is recovering nicely from yesterday's traumatic experience. He's playing almost like nothing ever happened, although I notice he's not jumping quite as much as normal. That's OK, he will soon. Meanwhile, he's got pain medication, and it's actually not too hard to give him.

Tomorrow I'll show some tatting. I realize I haven't done that in a while, and this is supposed to be a tatting blog.

Oh, did I say two tatting-related packages? Sorry, I can't show the other one just yet-- it's a surprise! Don't worry, you'll get to see it three posts from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment