"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Request

I've always wanted to make a tatted purse-- I keep coming up with new ideas for this-- but there's one little thing holding me back. Given the nature of tatting, it would have to be lined, and that means the dreaded "s-word": sewing. Anything I sew looks like it was done by a 5-year-old, and would not be an impressive background for my tatting. I've looked online to see if anyone is selling plain purses to embellish, but I couldn't find anything.

So, are there any seamstresses out there who could make me a few plain fabric purses that I could add my tatting to? To keep the shipping reasonable, it would be best if you live in the US, but I'll consider offers from anywhere. Leave me a comment, or e-mail me at luthien1 at comcast dot net, and we'll talk about design and price.

Thanks in advance for all offers!

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever find someone to make you some purses? I know that JoAnn's sells some basic ones but I'd offer to make some for you if you don't mind paying shipping from Belgium.

    ReplyDelete