"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Outdoor Tatting

I spent the day today tatting at the Duck Pond. I forgot to take the camera, so here are some pictures I took there a couple of years ago, on a day much like today.




I love sitting on this tree and reading a book or tatting. Today, somebody even recognized that I was tatting and got very excited about it! I was still working on my Top Secret Project, so all I can show you is this:

I showed the lady a finished version of whatever this might happen to be, and she oohed and aahed. It was very gratifying. She told me that she had bought some tatting supplies a few years ago but had never learned. Maybe seeing some actual tatting in progress will inspire her to get started.

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you connected with a prospective new tatter while enjoying your time outdoors! The duck pond is beautiful!

    That tiny, tiny photo is such a tease!

    ReplyDelete