"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Friday, April 23, 2010

May I have the envelope, please?

First off, you are all amazing. I love all of the title suggestions I received in the Name That Snowflake contest. If I can count correctly (and I did run out of fingers and toes), there were a total of 44 entries by 37 people. Looking at my design, you saw things that I never would have- but I do now! Crowns, Queen Ann's lace, paw prints, go-go girls with their hair done up in juice can rollers, hen and chicks edging, Bali headdresses... all these things are in the design, and I didn't even know it.



It was a difficult decision. There were so many beautiful names, I wanted to use them all. Some of these titles are already suggesting ideas to me for new snowflakes. But in the end, I had to pick just one. And the winner is...

.................................drum roll......................................

ANGELS IN THE SNOW by quayceetatter!!!!! See the angels? The large single rings are their heads, the SCMR's with small rings on them are the upraised wings, and the chains are their arms holding hands. Congratulations, Linda, and thank you for such a beautiful title! Linda will receive the book and the pattern.

And... there was another entry that was so close, I had to name it runner-up. "Dancing Angels" by TAT19540 also requires recognition. Congratulations, Sue Anna! You will also receive a copy of the pattern.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the contest!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the two wonderful winners! Great name suggestions, all!

    Looking forward to seeing more of your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do see the angels in the snow! You've chosen the perfect name for this beautiful pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am honored among 37 other entries to be chosen as the winner. Look at the snowflake and you can see the "Angels in the Snow"! We always made Angels in the new snow growing up. I am thrilled to received the new pattern and tatting book. Thank You.
    Linda M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Love it! ♥ I can see it and it looks like the perfect choice! Congrats to the winner and runner up!
    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete