"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Sunday, September 27, 2015

More of Marilee's

I needed a little break from the doily, so I made some more jewelry from Marilee Rockley's book Beaded Tatting Finery.


The earrings are called "Melange", and the pendant is "Cloudburst". The thread is Lizbeth color 607 Charcoal Medium. The round and pear-shaped beads are Swarovski pearls in colors Petrol, Blackberry, and Powder Rose; the seed beads are Miyukis in the Blue Iris color.

I've never tatted anything quite like these, and they were pretty fun. I think it would also be interesting to try them in a subtly shaded thread.

Now I'm ready to get back to the doily.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful tatting, Miranda! And I really like your new header... It is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Will you wear them yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, these are mine. :) There's a bracelet pattern that goes with them too, but I never wear bracelets, so I didn't bother making that.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, nice Christmas gift too!

    ReplyDelete