"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Monday, August 6, 2012

Maeve


This is Fox's "Maeve" motif. You can see it before I put it on the ornament at Fox's blog.

The threads are Lizbeth 656 Wedgewood Dark and 633 Purple Dark, and "Vanilla Sky" HDT by Tatskool. I love this colorway, but I can never manage to photograph it well, no matter what kind of lighting or background color I use. This is pretty close, except that the pinks are maybe just half a shade darker in real life, and the areas where it looks blue are really a little more purplish; the underlying problem seems to be that my camera doesn't recognize the color periwinkle, which is really what it is.

I pinned it on the ball with some pink seed beads off a necklace I bought at a yard sale and cut up. I was going to put other, blingier, beads around the perimeter of the motif, but once I got this far I realized that anything more would be overkill.

I really wish you could see this ornament in real life!

6 comments:

  1. very nice work.
    I like your ornaments, and this one in particular

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's truly stunning!! I love the look and how elegant the motif looks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh... Looks very tasty!
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if we can't see it in its true colors it's still beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, love the colours, I have the same trouble with some threads and I don't know why but some just change when they see the camara.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete