"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Friday, September 7, 2012

Put Tatting Absolutely Everywhere!

Or at the very least, pictures of tatting.


This is my brand-shiny-new phone, with a customized skin from www.skinit.com. Note, I am not endorsing this site over any other site that sell skins for your devices, although I have to say they are so fast I got the new skin before I got the new phone. When I went to order a skin after ordering the phone, none of the ready-made designs really grabbed me, so I looked at the create-your-own option, and I'm pretty excited about what I came up with.

Did I hear someone say something about tatting being old-fashioned?

7 comments:

  1. Great phone skin! I wish I'd known about this kind of thing a couple of days ago. My phone died and I had to get another. The skin I got for mine isn't nearly as cool as yours!!:)) I may have to check that out anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, very different, at least you will know your own phone
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I like your new 'look' for your blog. And your latest 'sampler' of your tatting on the header is again indicative of your perfection in your tatting skills and your beautiful presentations.

    Second, I almost thought you glued the actual tatting to your phone (LOL)! That photo is SO detailed and clear! Who would have imagined we could personalize our phones in this way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea! And yes, I too thought you had glued the tatting to your phone... I was thinking it wouldn't be very long-lasting. But design-your-own with tatting, what a unique way to show-off your lace.

    ReplyDelete