The edging pattern is Mary Konior's "Curds and Whey" from Tatting with Visual Patterns, and the little rings are just 1-2-2-2-2-2-1. I originally wanted to alternate the little rings with the beads on the same row, but I ended up with an odd number of repeats on the edging, so the math didn't work out. Putting the beads and rings on separate rows looks OK, too. I randomly remembered that I had these ribbon roses on hand, too; I did actually buy them for something in particular, but I now have no idea what it was. Since the red was a good match for the satin ball, I decided this was as good a use for them as any.
Now for the challenge. Yesterday I showed a fabric I found with tatted doilies printed on it. It's a simple, three-round pattern, all simple rings and chains. Monica suggested a "Yes-U-Can" style challenge for people to try tatting this doily. So I now present the "Tat This!" challenge. Tat this doily based only on the print on the fabric. You can make some minor changes if you want to, but it should be recognizably the same doily.
This picture shows the whole thing.
This one gives you a better idea of the first round.
I have to say that I myself probably won't be doing this, at least not right away, because I have so many other projects floating around in my head right now. However, if you want to participate in the challenge, put pictures of what you do up on your blog, and leave me a comment with your blog address so I can link to it; if you don't have a blog, you can e-mail me your pictures and I'll post them here.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that Jess went to the trouble of finding this fabric on Jo-Ann's website yesterday. The link is http://www.joann.com/premium-quilt-fabric-flee-market-dollies/zprd_11556677a/.