Much as I would like to immediately re-do the damaged motif from my last post, I've got to focus on something else right now. Remember my cousin's wedding present?
"Clover Mat". My original thought was to make a set of 8 placemats, a table runner, and a matching edging on 8 napkins. I knew from the start that this was not realistic, but I figured I'd see how far I could get. Then I decided I'd just do 4 placemats and leave it at that. Well, then I got distracted by Christmas. So now I'm just going to make a table runner. That should be manageable if I keep my focus.
The good news is, it is now too big to fit on the scanner, as you can see where it's cut off at the top. That means I am making progress.
When my cousin told me she likes the combination of deep blue and brick red, I decided to just use the blue, on the theory that reds are harder to match and I don't want to use the wrong shade. My cousin is an artist, so color is important to her. However, now that this is going to be one single piece instead of a bunch of smaller ones, I've decided that it really does need something to break up all the blue. So on the next row, you'll start to see a bit of red thrown in. The nice thing about a table runner is that I can make it however long I want to, depending on my attention span, but I will have to make sure that the red patches are symmetrical.
I'm counting on all my faithful tatting friends to scold me mercilessly if I start getting distracted!