"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I Love This Pendant!

I'm really quite proud of the pendant I designed a couple of weeks ago. I just tatted it again (yes, Diane, I did go shopping, I had to get more of those embellishments :)) in different colors.


The threads here are "PTG Surprise" HDT from Tat-ilicious, and Lizbeth color 659 Periwinkle, which turns out to be a perfect match for the HDT. They are size 40.

Do you know how to tell when a cat has fully reached adulthood? You can untwist a skein of HDT and wind it onto a bobbin while he sleeps on your lap.


When he was a kitten, I would have to shut him in the other room to be able to prepare a new skein of thread. This is much nicer. But don't worry, Gian, he did borrow a tube of beads yesterday. He loves the way the beads rattle around, and the way the tube rolls on the bathroom floor.

Oh, and did you hear? LadyShuttleMaker is hosting a new TIAS! For anyone new to the online tatting community, that's Tat It and See. She'll release the a little bit of the pattern at a time, every few days. You don't know what you're tatting till it's done. Part of the fun is guessing what it is, and reading everyone else's guesses. It starts September 23, so get ready!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Dude, you've got her totally fooled!
    Your pal Gian

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a sweet pendant.

    Thanks Miranda, I am going to try that. A tube of beads rolling on the floor. My downstairs neighbour may not appreciate it much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't found any findings like the ones you used, but then I've only mad some half-hearted attempts at looking! I really do think I need to make a pendant like that... in blue, of course!

    Will the pattern be available soon? ;-)

    ReplyDelete