"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Friday, August 24, 2012

Dragonflies

The dragonfly earrings I made last year were very popular, so I wanted to make a lot more for this year's sale. Unfortunately, I'm running out of time, and I was only able to make four pairs. I have to get all the stuff sent off to my mom next week, and there are still a few other things I want to tat, plus I need to get it all packaged nicely.


Starting at the top left and going around clockwise, the threads are Yarnplayer's "Leafy", LadyShuttleMaker's "Helm's Deep", Yarnplayer's "Twilight Zone", and LadyShuttleMaker's "Wildflowers". The pattern is by Jon Yusoff.

I'll try to get started earlier for next year's sale, so I can get more of these made.

5 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! I know I saw them last year but they are striking me as particularly wonderful today- just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dragonflies, beautiful colours
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun shown together in the different, pretty colours...
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous color choices!!! I bet those will sell!! :)

    ReplyDelete