"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tatting Smoothie Saturday

Oh, dear, that loses the alliteration. Stitching Smoothie Saturday? Still doesn't have quite the same ring as Tatting Tea Tuesday, but it will have to do.


Yes, I'm still doing bookmarks. I've just got one more after this one, and then I'll move on to the test tat that I promised Vinnie. I've already given out all the bookmarks to my co-workers, and they were duly appreciated. They've all seen me tatting at least a little bit, so they have some idea of what goes into it. This one is for the neighbor who took care of my cat while I was in the hospital.

The smoothie? Strawberry-mango, made with a banana (for texture rather than flavor), vanilla yogurt, apple juice, and a sprinkling of ground cloves and nutmeg. Mmmmmmm.

The first day back at work was a little rough. I had gotten used to sleeping like a normal human being, so going back to night shift was harder than I expected. Plus, I had forgotten how long a 12-hour shift really is. By the second night, it felt just like normal. And I still remember how to do my job!

8 comments:

  1. Those colours are terrific! Wish I could see more of the tatting...
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to worry, Foxy, I will be posting a good scan with full details of the pattern and threads when it's done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miranda,
    You have such a pretty blog - I love that tatted tree in your header! Beautiful colors in the bookmark you are working on.

    I have a solution to your alliteration problem. In Elgiva Nicholls' book, she says the German word for tatting is Schiffchernarbeit, which means, "work of the little boat." Easy peasy! :)

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ann! Being of German descent myself, I ought to have remembered that. So we've got TTT, Schiffschenarbeit Smoothie Saturday, how about Frivolite Frappe Friday? I'm sure we could come up with one for each day of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That smoothie looks delicious as does that thread you're using. I want that shuttle! Is it a David Reed Smith shuttle? I keep saying I'm going to order one or three, but I keep putting it off.

    Love your blog header. That tree is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Steph. Yes, it is a DRS shuttle. I've got probably around a dozen of his. They are my absolute favorites, and he is great to work with when you order.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the colors and the title, LOL! Saturday's a better tatting posting day for me than a "Tuesday" anyway. I can't really commit to anyday lately anyway, but I like the colors of your tatting and that smoothie looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tatting looks lovely, so glad that you are back at work again, even if it's tough going.

    ReplyDelete