"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Opinions, Please!

OK, so I lied. I did have to take a quick break from the doily, though I am still making good progress on it. Now I need your opinions, please.

This:

or this:

Which looks better, the blending in, or the contrast? I need to know, so please leave a comment! Thanks!

10 comments:

  1. That is rather difficult - both is good. If the purpose is to showcase the butterfly than the green background is better. If you want to make it into a card (eg.) the first photo is good. I hope this help or making you confuse.

    Why don't you hope over to my blog for a HDT giveaway to lessen your headache over the choices in hand. http://www.concerningzarina.com/Purchase/sellthread.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both but the green one stands out more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one, hands down!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of the two, I definitely prefer the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To me the top one stands out much better. For whatever reason the green background doesn't let the butterfly stand out as well - in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the blend in of the 1st one, it shows off your beautiful tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the top one. The light color thread seems to blend into the green. Maybe my eyes are weird though...

    ReplyDelete