"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Monday, November 4, 2013

All Green

Today's post is brought to you by the color green.

First Jan Sawasz's Flower Pot II, tatted in ecru and mounted on a green fabric.


I already showed the tatting a few days ago, before it was mounted, so I won't spend a lot of time on this one, except to say that I think the ecru and dark green go really well together.

Then I did another Jeweled Waterfall Pendant.


This is Lizbeth color 681 Pistachio Green Light, with purple beads (yes, those are purple, although they look pretty blue on my monitor). Would you believe I never thought of doing it in a single solid color thread until I saw the lovely pink version Martha tatted during the test phase? As soon as I saw that, I immediately started thinking of other solid colors that would look nice by themselves. It turns out I thought of a lot of them, although I may not have time to make as many as I would like. It's kind of an addictive pattern, but there are so many other things I want to tat and knit right now....

One thing I am finding is that if you choose to use a bicone bead at the bottom instead of a teardrop, it is helpful to add an extra pair of seed beads on that same picot to give it a little more dangle. It just hangs better that way.

I've also made a little bit of progress on the butterfly I started in San Francisco, but not enough to show yet.

3 comments:

  1. Lovey picture, looks lovely on the green fabric.

    Lovely pendant, never thought of putting pale green and purple together, looks good.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. that flowerpot is nice and I'll keep that color scheme in mind, great tip. waterfall looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great flower pot and pendant!!! :)

    ReplyDelete