"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Yet Another Leaf


This is the sassafras leaf from Karey Solomon's book Tatting Turns Over a New Leaf. The thread is "Diablo" size 80 from LadyShuttleMaker. For once I made the stem more or less as Karey wrote it, too.

This is Squijum after yesterday's attempt at tooth cleaning.


He's so sweet, he still wants to cuddle-- I don't know if you can tell, but I'm sitting in the recliner with my feet up and a blanket, and he's sitting on my legs-- but notice how he carefully keeps his mouth pointed away from me. Poor thing, he doesn't know we're going to try again today.

3 comments:

  1. He probably knows...but he loves you anyway. (My dear, late MIL always swore that cats could read minds...)

    Love the leaf! You're tatting a great variety and they're all so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great leaf, lovely colour.

    I think your in his bad books, looks like he wants love but keep away from my month. Animals are funny at times, they never seem to realise you are doing things for the best.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete